The #1 Question E-Commerce Business Owners Ask
Apr 02, 2019
Should I switch platforms? And is it worth it?
Here is a list of the reasons it may be time to switch platforms:
- To improve the customer experience
- Mobile responsiveness
- Market conditions, like updated interfaces or plugins you need to upgrade
- Improve key performance indicators- or known as KPI’s
- Platform shortcomings i.e, not mobile responsiveness or not easy to build pages
- Integration requirements are not available on your older platform
- Cost - Shopify is the most affordable platform at every level of the e-commerce game
So now that you’ve considered all the above, this is what you should consider when making your final decision:
Consider the “Risk/Reward” of switching platforms.
- Time & money needed in the process of changing platforms
- Change business processes. By switching to a platform you are sometimes switching your processes.
- SEO - traffic dips at the beginning when changing to a new platform until Google picks up the new changes. Something to consider if your business relies heavily on SEO.
- Your business will 100% grow
- Ongoing time and money spent on the business will reduce resulting in more efficiency and less reliance on developers. The platform, plugins and page building will be easier with a new advanced platform.
Now, that we’ve given you the Risks/Rewards, our answer, whenever someone asks, is always: You ABSOLUTELY should!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.